Behind the scenes support
Support and advice services via:
- Phone Calls
- Hospital visits
- Home visits
- Social Media
- Schooling advice
- Emotional support
- Sign posting
- Supporting families from prenatal – adults
- Summer BBQ & Christmas Party
“CDSG is a safe and happy place for families like ours to meet and enjoy life together. It’s a place where worries and fears can be shared, and our children’s achievements can be celebrated. It gives families hope that they and their children can and do lead normal, and fulfilling lives.
- Working with local Maternity Wards in Gloucestershire
- Providing advice and support from birth
- Giving hope and congratulations on such a special day!
Specialist Mother and Toddler Group
- Once a week
- Mother and Toddle Pre-School for Children with Additional needs
- Weekly Music Therapist sessions
- Specialist Children Centre (Hop, Skip & Jump Cotswold Centre)
- Advice and Support for new born/toddlers and families
- Parents able to socialise
“The group is really welcoming and friendly – I’m so glad I went along to sunbeams after our baby girl had a diagnosis of Down Syndrome. Jenny is kind, non judgemental and so supportive, the group has given me hope, reassurance and laughs! Jessica is spoiled with cuddles and love and has met fab fellow friends with an extra chromosome too!.
- Accommodation – onsite accommodation
- Catered – Meals provided by the centre
- Activities – Climbing, Canoeing, Archery, Crate Stack, Bush Craft, Challenge Course, Cycling, Horse Activities, Kayaking
- Accessible – All facilities and activities accessible for any additional needs.
- Safe Environment – Enclosed centre staffed 24/7
- Fun – activity holiday which the whole family can enjoy!
Annual Family Experience
“We prefer ‘people first’ language. A person has or with Down’s syndrome.
Not a ‘down’s boy’. Our children are children first and Down’s syndrome is just a
tiny part of who they are.
Dads That Do / Ladies Night Out
- Allowing Parents and Guardians to have social time with others in the same situation
- Provides a break from being a carer
- Provides information, advice and sign posting
CDSG Youth Club
- Safe Environment
- Professional Youth Workers
- Informal Education – Leadership, Bullying and Online Safety, Friendships and Relationships, Life Skills etc.